The vacation is over. No more staying up till 5:00 AM. No more laying in bed till 3:00 PM. No more trance-like staring out of the window for what’s left of the day while sitting at this desk.
I have some serious adjustments to make in my life before I rejoin society tomorrow:
1) I need to get to bed at a decent hour.
2) I need to get out of bed at a decent hour.
3) I need to get back into the habit of shaving.
4) I need to get back into the habit of bathing (kidding).
5) I need to get back into the habit of doing laundry.
6) I need to get back into the habit of wearing clothes.
I am very dissapointed with the weather. In the past 14 years the vacations I was able to take were all in the fun months of either December or January. Yay. I arranged this one to be during my favorite time of year. What were the conditions this time? Thunder, lightening, rain, flooding and waterspouts. My whole carefully planned vacation was nothing but a two week thunder-boomer.
It’s not a complete loss though. Even though I didn’t get to do what I wanted to do, I really enjoyed just being off. To me, the point of taking off isn’t about what I can get out and do but more about taking a break from the beatings I take in the business I’m in. I think I’m rested enough to get back to it.