I was pleased to see this in my inbox this afternoon. Usually, my boss just calls from LA to dryly and vaguely give me an idea about what I’m supposed to do once I’m dropped off in some state I’ve never been in before. Not this time. He sure the hell spelled it out for us this time. Thank you. It’s going to be a busy week.
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:53:38 -0800 (PST)
From: “Bruce *****” Subject: new jersey / fl trip
To: “greg pierce”
Greg / Carlos,
Here is your itinerary for Parsippany, NJ and Jacksonville, Fl.
You both fly on Jet Blue to JFK airport, New York. Carlos departs Burbank at 7:00am and arrives JFK at 3:18pm. Greg departs Houston/Hobby at 11:55am and arrives JFK at 4:25pm. You both may use your company AMEX to purchase a movie on the flight. You both should buy a sandwich in the airport for the plane trip, as Jet Blue (and Southwest) does not provide meals. Greg, I will give Carlos your per diem for the trip.
I have reserved a car at Enterprise JFK, Conf# *****. I will give Carlos some coupons to use for a better discount.
I swear this is a real email. So we’re gonna use coupons at JFK? God help us.
You are going to Embassy Suites-Parsippany, 909 Parsippany Blvd., Parsippany, NJ 07054 (hotel phone # *****). You should have two rooms under your names. When you arrive, ask for Pedro, Chief Engineer (Pedro’s cell # is *****) or the assistant Engineer. You should locate the box Carlos sent to the hotel with the Y-strainer, etc. I suggest on Tuesday morning that you start with the Y-strainer (so it has 24 hrs to dry before you turn it on the next morning) and then the media replacement. I will give Carlos a digital camera to photo the distributors (top/bottom) so we can tell if they are plugged with debris. We also need pictures of the media to see if it was fouled by iron/debris. Take a large zip-lock bag of media and bring it back with you. Take the old media and place it in the new media sacks and leave on site. We will instruct Pedro to either throw it away or send it to nextScale.
I have asked Pedro if he has a Sawsall we can use and a wet-vac. I will let you know.
Pedro will show you some bad scale areas of the hotel…showerheads, faucet aerators, tub spots and it is important that you photograph these areas. Also photograph the inside of the commercial dishmachine. Pedro will open up the dishmachine booster heater so you can photograph the heating element. This is very important and you cannot forget to do this.
6. Guy and I will contact the Director of Housekeeping to tell them that they need to wipe off their faucet aerators, faucets, tub spouts and hit the showerheads with a brush every time housekeeping cleans the rooms. Carlos, I will give you a brush to take with you and you both need to show them how to clean their showerheads and also go over cleaning the faucet aerators, etc. Guy and I think that the crystals are building up on themselves and if these surfaces are wiped clean daily the crystals wont buildup.
7. You both leave on Wednesday on Jet Blue out of JFK at 1:45pm and arrive Jacksonville at 4:17pm.
8. When you arrive in Jacksonville, and before you go to the Embassy Suites-Jacksonville, you are going to look at a new job that we will potentially install next year. The hotel is called: Sea Turtle Inn, One Ocean Blvd., Atlantic Beach, FL. It is not too far from the airport. The engineer does not leave untill after 6:00-7:00pm and his name is *****, cell# *****. YOU NEED TO CALL HIM ON TUESDAY TO REMIND HIM THAT YOU WILL BE THERE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON to look at the main line, etc. They are completely remodeling the hotel and re-doing the main line etc. Photo the main line and shut-off valve area. Confirm that the pipe size is (4-inch) and see if there is room for 4 tanks (we will treat total water). Tell the engineer about the bypass we need, as it is a good time for them to put one in while they are under construction. I will give you a nextScale brochure to give him.
9. After you look at the Sea Turtle Inn, you are going to Embassy Suites-Baymeadows, 9300 Baymeadows Drive, Jacksonville, Fl.. Phone #*****. Engineer is *****, cell # *****. He should have two rooms reserved for you. On-site should be the boxes shipped from Crowne Plaza-Key West as well as the (4) tanks and the (2) tool chests Carlos sent recently.
10. I have 40 ft. of 4” sch 80 on will-call under ***** Company at BARNES INDUSTRIAL PLASTICS. You can pay for it with your AMEX card. Carlos has the contact info.
11. Take pictures of the before/ after install. Also, Guy and I will talk to the director of housekeeping, but you need to give them a brush and tell them how to clean the fixtures, showerheads, etc. in the rooms so the crystals wont buildup.
12. You both leave Jacksonville on Saturday on Southwest. You should print your boarding pass on Friday (24 hours before departure time) in the lobby of the hotel. Carlos leaves at 3:35 pm and arrives LAX at 9:00pm. Greg leaves at 5:35pm and arrives Houston Hobby at 7:05pm.
Weather in New Jersey is high 49, low 29. Jacksonville is high 70, low 53. Check the newspaper or your computer before you leave to get updated weather info.
Have a safe and fun trip.